Surgical Injury Lawyer in Arlington, VA
Medical Malpractice claims and negligence legal disputes are considered challenging on several levels and should be managed by a skillful surgical injury lawyer in Arlington, VA. Laws and policies surrounding this particular subject matter favor medical professionals and make it a lot more difficult for you to win any legal dispute for your injury. Medical professionals are one of the most trusted individuals globally, but that does not mean they are perfect. There are an estimated 250,000 deaths a year in the United States due to medical procedure slip-ups.
Victims of medical malpractice are entitled to financial compensation and should choose to pursue legal counsel to ensure those responsible for their injuries are held accountable for their recovery and damage,
There are various forms of medical malpractice, but some of the more commonly pursued cases involve:
- Delayed diagnosis or misdiagnosis that causes symptoms to worsen;
- Failure to diagnose & adequately treat their patient
- Faulty or dangerous medication
- Ineffective medical devices
- Injuries sustained during birth.
- Any errors and harm received during surgical or medical procedures.
- Ill-advised prescription doses.
- Mistakes with anesthesia.
Medical negligence is not malpractice, even though they are interchangeably used to refer to similar things.
Negligence defines the lack of professional conduct that led to carelessness or a standard of care that violates the expectations under similar situations. Negligence may be attributed to anyone; even non-medical professionals may be found liable. Medical malpractice takes this concept a step further. It occurs when a surgeon, psychiatrist, dentist, doctor, or any other medical professional violates policies and standards dictated by their position and causing the patient to sustain an injury.
Pursuing counsel from an experienced medical malpractice lawyer in Arlington, VA, can help you determine how much your case is worth by evaluating:
- Long-term effects and the severity of your injuries;
- The road to recovery and the extent of care needed to return to your productive self;
- The overall costs of current and future medical care needed to address and care for injuries;
- The severity of pain felt after enough duration of time has been allotted for all injuries to the surface;
- The total amount of income or wages that you will miss earning due to the injury and any future earnings;
- If your case qualifies to be settled out of court or go through a trial.
Every case is unique and must be met with the utmost care and attention needed to receive the necessary resources to recover from your injuries and make up for the medical professional’s fault. Those that have suffered from medical malpractice only have two years from the date of occurrence to bring a claim forward. Certain exceptions may bypass this statute of limitations, including cases surrounding the failure to diagnose tumors or various forms of cancer.
Learn more about the intricacies of your case by calling an experience surgical injury lawyer in Arlington, VA, like the attorneys at The Law Offices of Ryan Quinn PLLC. Their roster of experienced lawyers has built a reputation for successfully winning medical malpractice disputes like yours. at (703) 647-4113.