Plastic Surgery Malpractice Lawyer in Arlington
Representing Victims of Botched Cosmetic Surgical Procedures Throughout Virginia
Plastic surgery is one of the most amazing marvels of modern healthcare. Individuals who have been disfigured can have their scars repaired; others can choose to change their appearance in a way that makes them feel more confident. Though controversial, plastic surgery is in many ways an effective and necessary medical procedure. Yet, as with any type of operation, plastic surgery malpractice is an ever-present risk.
At the Law Office of Ryan Quinn, our Arlington plastic surgery malpractice lawyer stands up for those who have experienced the trauma of a botched plastic surgery. If you or a loved one has been the victim of a plastic surgery error, we have what it takes to stand up against the doctor or facility that made the mistake and win you the compensation and closure you deserve.
To schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with Attorney Ryan Quinn, contact us now.
Can You Sue a Plastic Surgeon for Malpractice?
You can, but there are specific elements to proving a plastic surgery malpractice case. You cannot simply claim that a doctor committed wrongdoing—you must showcase what transpired through evidence. Most importantly, you must show that the doctor failed to uphold their “duty of care”, which is every doctor’s vow to do their best to take care of their patients’ health as best they can.
What needs to be proven in order to sue a plastic surgeon? You must show that:
- You and the surgeon had established a doctor-patient relationship
- The doctor had a duty to you, the patient
- The doctor breached their duty by either acting negligently or failing to act when needed
- An injury was sustained that caused you harm
- The injury was a direct result of the breach
We can help you collect evidence such as medical records as well as find a medical expert to testify on your behalf in order to prove your case.
Examples of Plastic Surgery Negligence Cases
There are many types of plastic surgery procedures available today, from face lifts to liposuction. Some people choose to undergo a procedure for cosmetic reasons, others have little or no choice to undergo surgery if they want to remain in good health. We provide legal assistance to anyone who needs a plastic surgery malpractice lawyer, regardless of the reasons behind getting a procedure or the type of surgery that was botched.
Though most plastic surgery procedures may seem harmless, plastic surgery errors can lead to serious consequences, such as:
- Excessive bleeding
- Excessive pain or discomfort
- Nerve damage
- Tissue damage
- Illness, such as pneumonia
What could possibly cause such serious injuries? Common causes of plastic surgery malpractice include:
- Surgical errors: Surgical errors occur when a doctor fails to perform an invasive procedure correctly. Such errors may include administering the wrong amount of anesthesia, leaving a medical instrument inside a patient’s body, operating on the wrong body part, and accidentally puncturing an organ. Surgical errors tend to cause the most serious plastic surgery injuries.
- Failing to obtain informed consent: Before a procedure, surgeons must clearly explain the known risks of plastic surgery to patients and receive an acknowledgment, in writing, that the patient understands the risks and is willing to proceed anyway. If a medical professional does not complete this step, they have committed malpractice.
- Failing to obtain a patient’s full medical history: Prior to operating, your doctor should take the time to get to know your allergies, current medical problems and conditions, what medications you take, and if you’ve had surgery in the past. If your physician is not diligent in understanding and recording this information, they could cause you serious harm during surgery.
- Irresponsible and unethical medical practices: To cut costs or save face, the person administering your plastic surgery might try to operate under less than ideal conditions. There have been cases in which an individual without qualifications pretends to be a plastic surgeon, for instance. Other examples include performing procedures in a private office rather than a hospital or substituting a novice nurse for a professional anesthesiologist.
Hire a Plastic Surgery Malpractice Attorney Today!
After a plastic surgery goes wrong, you may feel like you have no one you can trust. We understand the trauma of being subjected to a botched plastic surgery and want to assure our prospective clients that we will always put your interests first so that you don’t get victimized a second time. We will handle the complicated legal aspects of your plastic surgery lawsuit so that you may focus on your recovery. However, we will never keep you in the dark or make any decisions without your consent. You will be involved in the case from start to finish with a compassionate and experienced plastic surgery malpractice attorney by your side the whole way through.
Want to learn more? Contact us today to schedule your free consultation by calling (703) 457-1300 or writing to us online.